Friday, October 5, 2012

Listening Comprehension Made Fun!

Hey all,

Hope everybody is enjoying the weekend. I've been studying for our upcoming Japanese Exam and as a study break I thought it might be helpful to watch a Japanese foreign film. Obviously I won't understand most of what's going on but I figured it couldn't hurt to listen to the language as there will be a listening comprehension section. The film I chose is one that I've seen before called "13 Assassions", and its pretty awesome. It's about a group of assassins who are charged with the task of taking out an insane feudal lord who wants to rise to the rank of Shogun. The first hour or so moves a little slowly as the assassins ban together and you get to see just how corrupt and evil this guy they are trying to 86 is. The next hour however is non-stop action culminating in an all out battle in a small village.
If you guys find yourselves in need of a study break and feel like watching in an awesome movie while simulataneously brushing up on your Japanese. It's definitely worth a look:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPC74-Tde8

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I saw this over the summer! I agree, the fight scenes were incredible, so well choreographed. Good movie choice. :)

    ReplyDelete